Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AWESOME

I was looking through some old things on my computer this morning and came across this blog I wrote back in 2007. I had no idea it had been that long since this had happened to me because it is still so fresh in my memory. I decided to share it here because most people that will read it here never saw it where it was before. There may be a few that have read it but not many. Read it and let me know what you think about it.

Thursday, February 22, 2007
AWESOME – Really? Are you sure?

Wanted to share something with everyone tonight that the Lord put on my heart a while back. The way I use the word "Awesome". Now, please read everything I have to say here and don't get your back all "bowed up" and get mad - I'm just sharing what the Lord spoke to MY heart - no one else's. But I just wonder if some out there may be like me and never really stopped to think about it. I know I hadn't until one day I was saying something was "Awesome" and man - I felt my spirit quicken immediately!!! It was like "Really? That's awesome? Are you sure? Do you realize that you talk about what an 'AWESOME' God you serve and how 'AWESOME' God is? Do you realize that you are now saying this thing you just called awesome must be as good as God? WHOA! Did THAT ever get my attention! Now, I'm gonna be honest - as I always try to be - I have slipped a couple of times and caught myself saying or about to say something or someone is 'Awesome' but then I remember what I felt in my spirit that day and I immediately change it. It's easy to change when I'm online and typing but it's harder to catch myself sometimes when I'm actually talking. But I'm getting better about it. It really quickened my spirit to think that I would give anyone or anything down here on this earth the same status that I give my Lord and Savior! My Father! He is truly AWESOME!

Anyway, just thought some of you might want to think about that - it's really scary to me how flippant I seem to be sometimes when talking about my Father. I am really trying to become more conscious of this - Yes! He loves us! Yes! He cares about us! But He is still, after all, GOD! And He deserves more respect than anyone or anything that I know on this earth.

What do you think?

Love y’all,
Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn - Charles Swindoll, a Bible teacher I respect and listen to on the radio every morning while driving to work, says the same thing - that the word "Awesome" should be reserved for God alone. I think James MacDonald says something similar. I also agree.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I just stumbled across your blog from FB. I love your thoughts. God is increasing my awareness of His holiness and my sinfulness, and your post is just another good reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete