Thursday, January 14, 2010

I HAVE DECIDED

to follow Jesus! LOL - I can't help it - that song just came to my mind when I typed in the subject line! Seriously though, it does fit - because Jesus IS the only way I can decide ANYTHING - or even have a thought, for that matter. He got my attention yesterday. I FINALLY remembered to get on the scales yesterday morning to see just how much damage I'd done over the last four months - sad to say, A LOT! HOWEVER, I am NOT going to beat myself up over it. There's no gain (or loss, as the case might be - LOL) in that. It DID, however, jolt me out of the 'fog' I've been in for the last four months. I'm not gonna say I'm not disappointed - I am. But, we all go through things and I think that I had just been pushing myself so hard in so many different areas for so long that I just kind of "shut down" for a while. I don't really even know how to explain it. It wasn't just my weight loss journey that I shut out. It was my church family and even my responsibilities at home. Hey - I even forgot to send in my Avon order last week and that's the first time I can EVER remember just not sending in an order. It's almost like I went to sleep for four months and now I'm finally waking up. (Although I AM sleepy as I'm typing this. It IS just 4:45 a.m., after all - LOL) I guess my 'brain' just wanted a break. I don't know - all I know is that now, through the Grace of God, I am awake again and ready to tackle things again. I realize that I can not do this on my own. I HAVE to rely on Him to get me through and I am not setting unrealistic goals for myself, either. I am simply going to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. I am not going to think about tomorrow or the next day or next week or next month - I am simply going to concentrate on TODAY - this minute that I've been given - because I am NOT promised another day or even the next minute. I will praise Him for every minute He gives me and continually ask Him to help me use it the way He wants me to use it.


I am going to TRY to keep a better "public" record of things because that seems to help me. It makes me feel more accountable and gives me extra reason to remember Who is in control and Who is the reason I'm even capable of doing any of this. He will give me strength because I have asked Him for it. I will also need and am asking now for all of you to pray for me - I will take ALL the help I can get. So here we go...............

I will start with yesterday because that is when I 'woke up' and I'll go from there and TRY to post every day. I may not post much but just simply how the day went as far as me being 'productive' in the things that He has entrusted to me, including my weight.

DAY 1 - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2010

This morning I got on the scales and saw just how much 'damage' I'd done over the last four months. On my last visit to my PA, Sept. 15, 2009, my weight was down to 246. It had been down to 241 in July so I had gained 5 pounds over two months. Well, yesterday, on my home scale, I weighed in at 262. Sooooooo, I've got a good ways to go to get back to where I was before I "fell asleep". LOL

So how did it go on Wednesday? I think it went fairly well. I kept my calories down to 1300 (sounds like a lot, but that's good for me right now), I walked for 30 minutes and I drank my 8 glasses of water. When I got home from work, I worked on getting information put into my 2010 calendar (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) until time to go to church. When I got home from church, I finished with my calendar and then it was time for bed.

So, I'll do my best to post another update tonight and just take each minute as it comes.

Love you all and pray that you each remember that GOD is the ONLY way to do ANYTHING :)

Please lift me up in prayer every time He brings me to your mind. That's all I ask. Thank you for 'listening'.

3 comments:

  1. Please feel free to leave me a comment here, if you'd like. I'd LOVE to hear from ya :) And, you don't have to be a member or 'join' anything to leave a comment. That's why I chose this particular place to post my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete